The U9 Program allows for all players to Sign up for a minimum of 2 Skates. Players should arrive at the arena early and be ready to go on the Ice at their start time. All players must be in their full CSA approved hockey equipment and neck guards are mandatory. Uniforms and/or socks will not be provided for development players must supply their own practice gear.
- Please look through the descriptions of Ice sessions offered and decide the best sessions for your player. NOTE any parent who cheats and signs their player up for more than 2 Sessions will have all sessions cancelled and will need to re sign up. DO NOT TAKE MORE THEN 2 Sessions – ALLOW ALL PLAYERS opportunity for 2 sessions.
- Your division director will tell you when sessions are open – at this point a player may sign up for additional sessions.
- Go into the Sign Up Genius and sign your player up – if you need to remove your player for any reason please do so and post to the Facebook page or let your director know so they may post and another player can take advantage.
- FLA – Frank Lacroix Arena
- MI1 – MacDonald Island 1
- MI2 – MacDonald Island 2
- CFP – CentreFire Place
- ANZ – Anzac
- Stick & Puck: This is an unstructured Skate that is good for New Skaters needing to practice on their own or any skater wanting to get used to new gear and practice their “tricks”. Coaches will but out a few obstacles such as shooter tutor, lay some Sticks out, Tires for shooting and players can lead themselves through the time. ANY LEVEL SKATER WELCOME
- SKATE With: Our Elite Junior Oil Barons and Female Huskies players will hit the Ice with The players to Buddy up and work on Skating. Coaches may do some drills and Small area games to encourage skating. ANY LEVEL SKATER WELCOME – best for newer Skaters
- SMALL AREA GAMES: Coaches will set up a series of games designed to get players moving with fun games such as tag, Star wars, Puck Chase and any others. ANY LEVEL SKATER WELCOME – best if they can at least balance on skates.
- DRILLS & SCRIMMAGE: Coaches will set up some actual drills to focus on individual Skill for U7 and then lead the group in a fun scrimmage – Best for Returning Skaters that can skate independently without their stick for support.
- OPEN SKATE: This is a Parent led skate (Or siblings in full gear) that can go on the ice with a player to work on them getting used to the ice and their equipment – this is based at players who cannot skate at all and still need one to one support
- Puck Skills W elite Coach Adam: U13A is still in tryouts so will not be on the Ice. However, Coach Adam Franklin will be leading a practice focused on Carrying the puck and Scoring. Best for more advanced players