As a result, the 4 facilities in RMWB used by Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Association have decided to implement the Restrictions Exemption Program effective Monday, Sept. 20, 2021.
Under the REP, to access Minor Hockey events in these facilities* people ages 18 and older must provide:
- Proof of vaccination:
- Until October 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than two weeks before the time of entry
- After October 25: proof of two doses is required
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours before accessing a program or service
- Documentation of a medical exemption
*Please see individual Facility Guidelines for updated information for spectators, proof of vaccination may be required for spectators 12 years of age and older.
“Youth (under 18) sport, fitness and performance” means sports training, practices, events, games, scrimmages, competitions, gameplay, league play, and other activities of a similar nature.
- If a youth under 18 years of age is accessing a Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo recreation facility with the REP in place for the sole purpose of taking part in a youth activity, they would NOT need to provide proof of vaccination status, physician note, or negative test. Youth participating in sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities must screen for symptoms, maintain 2-metres distancing and wear a mask (except while engaged in physical activity).
- Face masks are required in all indoor public spaces, except while being physically active.
- Adults (referees, coaches, trainers, volunteers) are required to show proof of vaccination to enter RMWB facilities used by FMMHA.
- CenterFire Place
- Frank Lacroix Arena
- Mac Island Recreation Center *Note – Mac Island is a multi-use facility; public areas are not included in REP.
- Anzac Recreation Center
Current information is subject to change with any new health order(s) or information from AHS.