Mark Nolan Memorial Scholarship
Mark pictured with his team mate showing of the universal "we are number one" symbol, after winning the peewee international tournament.
“When I am gone, remember me with smiles and laughter as that is how I will remember you”
The Mark Nolan Memorial Scholarship was created in 2006 by past president of FMMHA in memory of Mark Nolan after receiving a donation from Marks family in his name. The intent is to recognize the accomplishments of a Graduating U18 Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Players.
Who was Mark Nolan
Mark William Nolan was born on June 9, 1982 and was raised in Fort McMurray. His life was tragically taken on October 25, 2005 due to on-site accident at his work place. Mark was an apprentice Crane Operator at the time.
Mark was an all around athlete loving hockey, soccer and golf. As part of minor hockey, his team represented Fort McMurray in the Peewee international tournament in Quebec City. This was a very proud moment for his team and Fort McMurray as they brought home the championship trophy in their division.
Mark loved his family, friends and his dog Shady unconditionally. He had this devilishly handsome grin that would always catch your attention. Mark loved life and lived it to the fullest.
April 20th, 2021
Two annual awards of $500.00
- Be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident:
- Be a permanent resident of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo;
- Have played with the Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Association for at least two years including the year of graduation;
- Be graduating from a local High School;
- Have a scholastic achievement of 70% or higher in five grade 12 subjects at the 30 or 31 level is required.
- Have registered and be entering in a first year, full time program of studies in a recognized College Career (including Trades) or University Program in the year immediately following High School Graduation.
Applicants must complete the application form in full and provide their transcripts and two reference letters in support of this application.
All applicants will be given a score based on their Grade 12 average and demonstrated leadership and community involvement. The highest ranked applicant will receive the scholarship
MARK NOLAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP NOMINATION FORM:
The personal information you provide on this form is being collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta. It will be used by the Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Association to help determine successful award applicants. The Information will be protected in compliance with the Act and will be destroyed after the award selection process. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this personal Information, please contact the VP Administration of FMMHA.