2023 Technical Advisor Posting
Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Association (FMMHA) is seeking a qualified candidate to act as a Technical Advisor and assist with the development of our Bouchier Junior Oil Barons & Huskies Program from September 2023 to April 2024.
- Facilitate coach introductory meeting(s) at the beginning of the season
- Provide guidance in accordance with Hockey Canada Skills Development Model
- Provide assistance as required with teaching the skills to players and coaches
- Schedule attendance times with the Head Coach.
- Attend mentoring training sessions and other related meetings
- Advise coaches on how to best implement the development plan as it pertains to a specific age group and level
- Work with the JOB & Huskies Directors and V.P. Elite on required adjustments to the development plan
- Assist in practice plan development and on‐ice instructions.
- Follow up evaluations on coaches and coaching staff during games and practices
- Develop, design and implement an FMMHA Coach Mentorship Program
- Provide monthly progress reports to the FMMHA Board
- Hockey Canada Development 1 Certification, High Performance 1 preferred
- Up to date Vulnerable Sector Check
- Previous successful high-performance coaching experience, as well as extensive experience in a hockey school or skill development program.
- Respect in Sport Activity Leader
- Strong communication skills and teaching ability
- The ability to establish a mentorship role with coaches at all levels
- The ability to design/modify and implement FMMHA programs
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and the personal commitment to coaching
- Compensation will be based on certifications, training, & experience.
Please email resume to VP Admin Carlene Heath at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28, 2023