Opportunity- Intro to Hockey Coaching Mentor
The Fort McMurray Minor Hockey Association (FMMHA) is seeking Two qualified candidates to act as an Intro to Hockey Coaching Mentor for the 2023/2024 season. One Position will be dedicated to U7 and the other to U9.
This position will focus on best practices for new coaches, skills analysis, seasonal planning, team building, and delivering coaching clinics on and off ice. The successful candidate will have creative direction working with our Division Directors and Hockey Operations committee and our development Committee.
The successful candidate can flex his/her hours based on evening and weekend practices – roughly 10 to 20 hours per week will likely be required earlier in the season while developing and first introducing the mentorship program.
- Direct all on Ice activity during player evaluations and ensure evaluations are completed fairly and consistently for U7 and U9.
- Participate in coach introductory meeting(s) at the beginning of the season in partnership with the division directors.
- Develop An Intro to Hockey season guide that provides practice plan examples and an overview of how to build a yearly practice plan.
- Provide guidance in accordance with Hockey Canada Skills Development Model, and Advise coaches on how to best implement the development plan as it pertains to a specific age group and level.
- How to set up the ice for each age group
- Drill progression & regression throughout the season
- Arrange coaching clinics on and off ice (Basic Skill development, Small Area Games, Small Area Drills)
- Facilitate individual mentoring training sessions, on-ice and off-ice with Head coaches
- Assist in practice plan development and on‐ice instructions
- Provide monthly reports to the Hockey Operations committee
- Hockey Canada Coach 2 at minimum, Coach Development 1 Certification preferred
- Up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Check
- Up-to-date Respect in Sport Activity Leader
- Previous successful coaching experience, as well as extensive experience in a hockey school or skills development program
- Strong communication skills and teaching ability
- Ability to establish a mentorship role with coaches at all levels
- Ability to design, modify, and implement FMMHA programs
- Demonstrate a strong interest in and the personal commitment to coaching
Please email resume along with a sample development plan and salary expectations to email@example.com by June 14, 2023. This is a one season contract position with FMMHA and candidates will be paid an Hourly rate.
Successful candidates will be contacted by June 21, 2023 to schedule an interview.