Vice President of Elite
The VP Elite is accountable for delivering all Hockey Operations for the Bouchier Junior Oil Barons elite program. This role is an important part of the decision making structure for FMMHA as a voting member on the executive board.
The VP Elite will act as the program governor and will be required to issue discipline and mitigate conflict across the elite coaches, players, and their families.
This position will oversee all paid program positions and all volunteer directors for the elite program. They will also be responsible for managing the relationship with the program sponsor.
The VP Elite reports to the President of FMMHA.
Time Commitment: 1500 hours annually
Travel Commitment: 1 weekend annually for Hockey Alberta AGM, and must be available to attend elite league AGMs and planning meetings
Oversee Elite Coach Selection
Oversee Elite Player selection
Elite Governor & Discipline
Financial Governance of all Elite operations including individual teams
Provide oversite to elite program
Official Job Duties can be found in section 2.11.02 of the FMMHA bylaws:
Vice President of Elite
a) Will assume responsibility of duties of the President in absence of President
b) May be signing authority along with Administrator, Vice President of Finance and President
c) Will oversee day to day Administrative operations both internally and externally for
the Elite Program
d) Will assist and /or oversee Elite Director and be responsible for the direct supervision of the
paid employees of coach mentorship
e) Will oversee appeals and Discipline in the elite teams
f) Will be FMMHA’s Zone 2 Hockey Alberta liaison and attend required meetings
g) Will work in conjunction with Vice President of Hockey Operations
h) Will be responsible for managing special projects as identified by the association
i) Will report to the President
Skills and Qualities:
The ideal nominee should have:
- Diplomacy, negotiation and collaboration skills
- An understanding of FMMHA operations and practices through prior experience in the prior positions on the FMMHA Board of Directors and/or significant exemplary coaching experience
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to respond immediately to queries, issues and requests for support and be willing to forgo planned personal activities when issue arise
- Strong facilitation skills to lead discussions with large groups of people
- An understanding of all Gsuite tools and the ability to use IT tools required for operations: Gmail, google Docs, Survey Monkey, Sign up Genius, Social Media Tools.